It’s a New Year, so what did I learn in 2014 and what are the Top Tips for freelance telemarketing in 2015?
Well, to be honest, many of the good old top tips remain true, so here are the oldies:
- “Smile As You Dial” – yes it’s a real oldie, but if you are happy on the phone then you will cheer-up your prospective clients – I’ve won over countless prospects with this one.
- “Find the Right Data” – ok, that sounds obvious, but how many times have you heard telemarketing people pitching to the wrong person – make sure you have the correct decision makers in your database or you’re wasting your time.
- “Perfect Pitch” – you have about 10 seconds at the most to gain attention – my Pitch-to-Close ratio was measured by a client who was obsessed by Analytics – apparently my pitches are so good that I have an astonishing average 50% closing ratio when I talk to decision makers.
- “Two Ears One Mouth” – consultative telemarketing is as much about listening as it is about talking – so ask the right questions and listen carefully to the answers.
- “Keep Cool” – you can’t win on every call and some people will be having a bad day – don’t let people get you down and always be polite
So what’s new for 2015
- “Know the Person” – in these days of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc, it’s much easier to find data on your target prospect. If your target person is likely to spend significant sums of money, then find out who they are, what they like, etc.
- “Know the Organisation” – what is their turnover, number of staff, who are their clients – the more you know about the prospect organisation, the more you can relate your pitch to them.
- “Bridge the Gap” – 1on1 Online Demos were the tools of Presidents and CEOs until recently – these days an Online Demo can provide significant pre-qualification of buyers – but make sure you get it right – I design killer online sales demos/pitches that turn in to sales.
There are umpteen more ways to improve your telemarketing lead generation. If you want me to train your team or create sales opportunities for you – just email me firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on UK 0203 790 9307.